1) A good friend of mine recently stated “I realized I have learned to wash my face every night before bed. This seems silly but it’s a sign of adulthood to me. No more nights when I’m too drunk or too tired to wash my make-up off.” I completely agree with her. Also, I need to learn how to do this.
2) Getting a good, solid eight hours of sleep during the weeknights. I’m not in college anymore, so it’s not like I’m up late writing papers or cramming for exams: I’m up late wasting time on the internet or out at the foreigner’s bar with my friends. I’m getting older, which means my body needs that eight hours of sleep more than it used to so it can, you know, function at work.
3) Eating meals at home other than cereal, PB&Js, and ramen AKA cooking. This is a hard one, because a) I own one plate and very few forks, knives, etc. which means the more I cook, the more I have to HANDWASH dishes in my garbage disposal-less sink and b) the food I buy goes bad so fast! I don’t know if it’s because of the humidity or what. All I know is I can’t buy fruit or veggies without them going bad within a few days. It’s such a waste of food and money, but I’m determined to find a way to make this cooking thing work.
4) I need to be more on top of scheduling regular dentist appointments and health check-ups. I also need to man up and get my wisdom teeth pulled at some point. Now that I have insurance, I have no more excuses.
5) Budgeting and saving money. Basically, my Europe trip
demolished destroyed made a slight dent in my savings account, so I want to focus on putting money in there again. I have some exciting, big things planned for next year, which means right now, I need to be saving as much as possible.
How is adulthood going for you? Is there anything you’re working on right now? Do you have any adulthood tips to share?