Last summer in Korea was rough: it was humid, rainy, and the nearest beach town was about five hours away. For someone who had been spoiled with California summers her whole life, I found summer in Korea to be quite a disappointment.
Luckily, I’m back in California. And not just California, but in Sacramento: the city that’s in the middle of where all the fun places are. Want to go to San Francisco for the weekend? BOOM. It’s an hour and a half drive away. Wine Country? One hour. South Lake Tahoe? Two hours. Santa Cruz? Two and a half hours.
See what I mean? There’s lots to do in Sacramento, but if you feel like taking a quick getaway for the weekend, the option is there.
This summer, I plan on doing it all.
Gina’s List of Summer Fun Now That She’s Back in Sacramento:
- Spend a weekend in San Francisco and visit all the touristy attractions (Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, etc.)
- Attend the California State Fair in July (I’ve been almost every year since I’ve been born)
- Plan a Girls’ Day wine tasting in Napa Valley
- Spend a day at Folsom Lake basking in the Sun
- Float along the American River with a beer in my hand
- Spend a weekend in Santa Cruz
- Attend a few Rivercats‘ baseball games
- Picnic in the park
- Wine and dine at a few of my favorite Sac restaurants, as well as try out some new ones
- Attend a few Second Saturday Art Walks
- Spend a weekend at The Happiest Place on Earth
What are your plans for this summer? What are you most excited for?