Chris and I are almost done planning our wedding! We made a lot of progress in the last month. Here’s what we’ve gotten done so far:
- We booked our spot at S.F. City Hall for our commitment ceremony. The special day is Friday, October 26th!
- We chose a restaurant to have our lunch reception afterward. The restaurant is fancy without being overly pretentious, and the food is delicious. Also, we’re getting our own private dining room. So perfect!
- We narrowed down the guest list and sent out the invitations.
- We started our wedding registry.
- Our parents met and they like each other!
- A couple of my close girlfriends have started planning my bachelorette party and my sisters have started planning my bridal shower. So excited for both, especially the bachelorette!
Despite the awesome progress we’ve made, we have also experienced some bummers and frustrations:
- It’s two months before the wedding and Chris still hasn’t found a job, so I don’t think we’ll be going on a honeymoon right after we get married.
- Chris and I have been dealing with a lot of family members who expect an invitation to our wedding even though we’ve already stated we’re going to have a small, intimate wedding that consists of immediate family only. Some have even requested that we “make an exception” for them. It’s very sweet that so many people want to be included in our special day, but we’ve already decided how we want our wedding day to be, and we’re sticking to it.
Bummers and frustrations aside, Chris and I have gotten a lot done in the past month and we’re super stoked about our upcoming wedding day. All we have left to do is buy our wedding bands, figure out the reception menu, and buy my dress, which I’m going to do this Thursday. I can’t wait to go wedding dress shopping and try on some gorgeous gowns. But most of all, I can’t wait to be married to my best friend in only two more months!