Five highlights from my week:
- I participated in the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life Event at Sac State last weekend and it was a success! There was a great turnout, and together as a community, we raised about $15,000. About $1,700 of that is money I raised through my fundraising efforts! So if you donated to my campaign, thank you again!
- Chris and I tried out a fun new eatery on Sunday night called LowBrau. It’s a German-themed bar that specializes in German beers and food, but they also have a full bar. It’s a cool little hangout, so if you live in Sac or plan on visiting soon, I suggest you check it out!
- Since I’ve been doing such a good job on paying down my credit card debt, I’ve been treating myself these past few weeks. My latest purchases include some new cookbooks for my kitchen and a few bottles of wine for my wine rack. You can bet I’ll be whipping up some fancy dinners soon!
- I also bought a new phone. I’ve had my current smart phone for two years, so I’m definitely due for an upgrade.
- I’ve been feeling so happy with my and Chris’ relationship lately. We’ve been married for almost six months, and I can honestly say that every second of our marriage has been pure bliss. This is a topic I want to go more in depth in later on, but for now, I’ll just say that our relationship is the strongest it has ever been, and I’m loving it!
Five awesome links you should check out:
- Hannah wrote about 25 things every woman needs to know. Definitely worth a read, ladies.
- Nicole gives some great advice on how to train for your first half marathon. I’ve been wanting to run a half for a long time, but I’ve been having trouble getting started. Thanks, Nicole!
- The Adulting Blog shared a list of basic cleaning supplies everyone should own. I plan on printing out this list and taking it to Target with me.
- Elise wrote a post on how to move. Awesome advice if you’re planning on moving soon.
- Over on Fat Mum Slim, Chantelle wrote about the social media health check you need to have. Love this!
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?