Five highlights from my week:
- Over the weekend, I finally checked out the new Midtown Farmers Market on J and 20th. It started up in April, but since my spring allergies were out of control during that time, I had to refrain from being outside. I love farmers’ markets, and I love midtown, so I was excited to finally go out and support this new addition to my city. I left with a jar of raw, local honey and a jar of salsa verde made from local ingredients. I can’t wait to go back!
- I went to a couple networking events this week: the Sac Tweet Up at The Citizen Hotel and the Sac Bloggers Mixer at Church Key. I’ve been wanting to go to networking events for a while, but my old work schedule never allowed for it. Now that I’m a nine-to-fiver, I can make it to these events, and I’m so glad, because I had so much fun at both the Sac Tweet Up and Sac Bloggers mixer! I won a $25 gift card to a local sushi restaurant at the Sac Tweet Up, and I met a lot of awesome bloggers at the Sac Bloggers mixer. I’m so happy to finally know more bloggers here in Sac!
- Aside from networking events, I had quite a few social plans this week: a double date dinner, happy hour with one of my closest friends, a Rivercats game tonight with my husband, and brunch tomorrow morning with a friend from high school. Between the networking events and my social plans, this has been one of the busiest weeks I’ve had in a while, and I’m loving it!
- Just when I thought Chris and I were done putting our apartment together, we decided to take on another project: decorate our patio. Since we moved in, all we’ve had on our patio is our bikes locked up with a tarp over them. Now that it’s summer, we want to utilize our patio more, so we bought an indoor bike rack so we could store our bikes in the office. Now that those are out of the way, we plan on buying an outdoor table with chairs, some outdoor plants, and possibly a small barbecue for our patio.
- This happened and this happened throughout the week. To say that they are highlights of my week is a complete understatement.
A few awesome links you should check out:
Nicole is doing awesome things. So proud of that lady.
Naomi’s blog has quickly become one of my favorites. Check it out! She has great style, takes awesome photos, and her family is absolutely adorable.
Elise had her baby last week and wrote this beautiful recap about it.
These summer s’mores on Joy’s blog look so good!
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?