1) Vegas happened last weekend! Our much anticipated Vegas trip finally happened last weekend and it was one of the best weekends we’ve ever had together. Chris also claimed it was his best birthday ever. Not a bad result considering he REALLY wasn’t looking forward to turning 30. I plan on blogging in detail next week about our trip to Vegas complete with lots of pictures, so stay tuned for those posts.
2) Chris and I had to deal with some annoying apartment repairs this month; some mold started growing in our coat closet, so our apartment manager had to put us up in a hotel for a few days so the maintenance crew could rip the mold-covered walls out, and then replace them. Overall, the process took about a week. It was super inconvenient having to stay in a hotel, and our apartment looked like a disaster the whole time, but it’s all over now and I couldn’t be more relieved.
3) I joined a new organization and signed up to volunteer with another non-profit as a way to add more to my resume and gain some new experience. The organization I joined is for young professionals in Sacramento who are interested in networking, professional development, and leadership opportunities in their community. I’m super excited about this organization because I think it will be a great way to meet new people my age who are career-driven like myself. As for the other non-profit I’m volunteering for, I joined their event committee, so I’m helping them plan a big fundraiser they’re having in November. I’ve gained a lot of non-profit experience in the last year, so I think this will be a great way to utilize the skills I already have and gain more event planning experience at the same time.
4) In addition to all of the above, I’ve been attending networking events, volunteering, applying for jobs, and planning birthday celebrations for Chris with our friends and family. Plus, work has been crazy busy!
5) Tough Mudder is this weekend! I can’t believe it’s finally here after two months of training. To be honest, I wish I had more time. It’s been hard to maintain my training schedule these last few weeks, so I honestly don’t feel ready for a 10-12 mile obstacle course. It’s too late to turn back now, though, so I’m just going to show up and do my best. The important thing is I’ll be there supporting Chris since this is something he really wanted to do once he turned 30. And as long as I at least attempt each obstacle, I can say I tried. So wish me luck this weekend! I’m going to need it.
How has September been for you? What are your plans for this weekend?