It’s that time again: the falling leaves, the pumpkin spice lattes, the boots and scarves. It’s fall, and I”m pretty excited about it! Along with summer, fall is one of the seasons I love most, so of course, I have a few fun things planned over the next couple months:
1) Take a trip to Apple Hill with Chris – In Sacramento, we have this little place nearby called Apple Hill. It’s like a little apple wonderland where you can find all things apple: apple pie, apple donuts, apple cider, and even apple beer! This is something I really wanted to do last fall, but we never had the time because we were so busy with wedding craziness. So I’m determined to fit this trip into our calendar within the next month or so.
2) Host a pumpkin carving party – I did this a few years ago with my roommate and it was so much fun. All you need are some friends, drinks, snacks, and pumpkins to carve!
3) Bake ALL THE PUMPKIN THINGS – I love baking, and I love pumpkins, so… bring on the pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin muffins, and pumpkin pancakes.
4) Decorate the apartment with fall decor – I’m always looking for an excuse to buy new things for our apartment. I see a Target trip in my future for decorations. Or even better? I find something cute on Pinterest and make it myself.
5) Take a day trip to Napa or San Francisco – I haven’t been to San Francisco yet this year and I still haven’t visited Napa since I’ve been back from Korea. I think a day trip to either places (or both) during the fall season would be awesome.
6) Dress up and do something fun for Halloween – Last Halloween, I had to work. This year, I’d love to dress up in costume and go out. If only our apartment was big enough, I’d host a Halloween party myself!
7) Sign up and participate in the Run to Feed the Hungry race on Thanksgiving Day – I did this race last Thanksgiving and I loved it. It’s a huge event for a good cause. Plus, there’s nothing like starting off Thanksgiving with some exercise before indulging in turkey, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie later on. The only difference I plan on making is running 10K this year instead of 5K. I’ve been meaning to sign up for a 10K for a while, so I think this will be the perfect opportunity.
Do you have any fun things planned for fall?
PS – It’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month! In honor of my mom and women everywhere, I’m raising $1000 for the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk coming up on October 20th! If you can, please support me by making a donation here.