1) Today ends my first official week of unemployment. I’ve been doing everything I said I would during this time: blogging, reading, working out, cooking, and keeping the apartment maintained. It’s been nice to have so much time to do these tasks, but yesterday I noticed myself getting a little bit of cabin fever. I have been leaving the apartment to workout for about an hour, but I’m starting to think that’s not enough! Yesterday I was thankful to make a necessary Target run because that got me out of the apartment and around people for a good half hour. Today I have more errands to run and tonight I plan to go swing dancing, so that should help with my feeling too cooped up around here.
2) I’ve been taking a little break from the eat-clean-and-workout-everyday phase since Tough Mudder. I think I got really burnt out from it, so now I’m taking it easy. I’m still working out when I can and eating healthy most of the time, but I’m no longer beating myself up or feeling guilty if I miss a workout, eat a burger, or gain a pound.
3) I’ve been thinking a lot about the friendships in my life lately. It makes me sad to think about the last time I saw some of my best friends or the last time certain friends invited me to hang out. Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one who makes the effort in certain friendships, and other times I wonder if I’m not available enough? Should I give up on trying to maintain certain friendships and just focus on making new ones? These feelings make me want to read this book again.
4) Chris and I were thinking about moving since our lease comes to an end this month, but then we decided to stay another year to save money and put that toward our debt. We don’t LOVE our apartment, but it’s cozy, inexpensive, and will do for now. Since we won’t be moving, we want to give our current place a makeover. We’ve already gotten some repairs done and the carpets cleaned. Now we plan to buy some much-needed new furniture, like a sectional and a coffee table.
5) Chris and I are going to Apple Hill on Sunday! I’m super stoked for this because I haven’t been to Apple Hill in five years. Plus it’s such a fun place to go during the fall and also happens to be on my Autumn Bucket List. Can’t wait to cross it off and share pictures here next week!
How was you week? What are your plans for the weekend?