1) It’s been three weeks since my job ended. The bad news is I’m still unemployed. The good news is I had a really good interview a couple days ago, so now I have two prospective jobs I’m waiting to hear back from. I really hope to hear something positive soon! In the meantime, I should be getting my first unemployment check this week. Yay for having income again.
2) I’ve been swing dancing a lot lately and finding a lot of joy in it. It’s been a good way for me to get out of the apartment a couple times a week, see my friends, and get some exercise in. I took a long hiatus after I graduated from college, but now that I have more time on my hands, I’m hoping to make dancing a regular hobby of mine again.
3) I’ve been cooking a lot, too. Two recipes I made this week were Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread and Baked French Fries. Random, I know, but they both turned out great! Try them out if you’re craving something sweet or savory.
4) I’ve been subscribing to a lot of personal finance blogs. Reading them has inspired me to make improving my financial situation my main goal for 2014. Between my two credit cards, my student loans, and my auto loan, I have about $27,000 in debt. I would love to get all that paid off by the time I’m 30 (a year and a half left!) and also start saving for an emergency fund and retirement. Hopefully I’ll get a job soon, then I can start working towards these goals!
5) I’m getting really excited for Thanksgiving. I signed up for Run to Feed the Hungry, so I’ll definitely be getting some exercise in the morning of. It’ll also be nice to spend some quality time with our families. There’s even a possibility Chris and I might host a Friendsgiving dinner at our place. I’ll take any excuse to get together with friends over food and drinks.
How was you week? What are your plans for the weekend?