1) Unemployment update: I finally heard back about the job I interviewed for three weeks ago. I didn’t get it because, while the hiring managers liked me and thought I was a good candidate, they decided to hire someone else because he/she has more relevant work experience. This kind of rejection has happened twice now since I’ve been unemployed, and I am now left with no more interviews lined up at the moment. For now, I’m applying for restaurant jobs because I can make way more money serving tables at a restaurant than what I’m collecting now through unemployment. As for full-time work, I have some ideas which I plan to blog about next week.
2) I’m pretty sure the stress of being unemployed is making me gain weight. My reasoning for this is because I lost five pounds over the summer, but shortly after my job ended, I gained it all back and it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere soon. I’ve been interested in buying a Groupon for crossfit classes because I’ve heard nothing but good things about crossfit. Plus, I think my body could use a workout that’s different every time to keep it from plateauing.
3) One good thing about being unemployed is I’ve been able to really enjoy the holiday season. I’ve crossed off a few items on my Winter Bucket List, such as go ice skating, mail out Christmas cards, watch Christmas movies, and drink holiday beverages. I’ve also gotten most of my Christmas shopping done and I’ve even wrapped a few gifts. YAY CHRISTMAS TIME.
4) Here are some recent blog posts I’m loving:
- Did you know that you can make gift tags from Instagram photos? This post on A Beautiful Mess blew my mind!
- Allison from Ask a Manager (my favorite job searching blog ever!) wrote 7 things to know about job searching during the holidays. I’m thankful she wrote this, because I really needed to read it.
- Ashlee wrote this hilarious post about being a Christmas card crazy. I could definitely relate!
- Thinking about going to graduate school? Check out this post on Ask the Young Professional
- Erin from Broke Millennial wrote a very informative post on credit scores and why they’re the one “grade” that matters most after college.
5) I have fun plans for the weekend and I’m pretty excited about it! Swing dancing tonight, Chris’ holiday work party Saturday night, and dinner with Chris’ family on Sunday night. Another perk of unemployment: lots of time for friends, family, and husband.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?