1) I won a raffle prize at a networking event I attended this week! My prize was a free pass for a painting class here in Sac. This prize also happens to be the fifth prize I’ve won at a networking event since I started going to them over the summer. Even better? I brought Chris with me to the event and he won a raffle prize, too. I’m beginning to think I should start playing the lotto.
2) On Monday, I tried pole dancing for the first time! I attended a pole fitness class with a friend, and it was not easy. It seems like in order to be good at pole dancing, you have to be flexible and have a lot of upper body strength; I have neither. You also have to be good at being sexy– something I’m horrible at! Whenever I try to move or pose in a sexy manner, I just feel super awkward. So overall, the class was interesting and it was fun to try a new form of exercise, but I’ll need to get a lot of stretching, push ups, and sexy practice in before I’d feel comfortable going back. Oh, also: I was super sore the next day and I now have a newfound respect for pole dancers.
3) Chris accepted a job offer this week for a job where he’ll make more money than what he’s making now AND utilize his college degree. I’m so happy and excited for him! At least one of us is having good job luck!
4) Here are some links to blog posts you should check out:
- If you go to the movies a lot like me, you’ll want to read The Ultimate Guide to Saving Money at the Movies.
- I love to bake, so I was excited to read Joy’s secrets of a home baker.
- In need of some cheap gift ideas and feel like getting crafty? Check out 50 DIY Gift Ideas.
- I wrote a guest post for the first time in forever! Check out my story of how I got into debt.
5) This weekend, I plan to attend a college friend’s graduation and wrap up some last-minute Christmas stuff: bake cookies, drive around to look at Christmas lights, buy a White Elephant gift, etc. I can’t believe Christmas is only five days away!
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?