1) For New Year’s Eve, Chris and I forced ourselves to go out instead of staying in and “being old.” Plus, we both had New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day off (well, I have EVERY day off), so we figured we should take advantage of the opportunity. Believe me, staying in our warm, cozy apartment and saving money sounded really good to us; however, we’re working on going out more when we can because we’ve realized that we’re not always going to have the freedom and energy to go out when we get older and have kids. As for our night out, we got dressed up, went out to a fancy dinner, and then met up with our friends at a bar for some drinks and dancing. It was a lot of fun, and I’m glad we did it!
2) Chris got me an iPad Air for Christmas and I’m absolutely loving it. My bulky, heavy laptop is on its last leg, so having something light and portable to easily carry around with me and browse the internet on has been awesome. I wouldn’t say it’s a full on laptop replacement, but it’ll do for now. Man, too bad Chris isn’t going to be working at Apple for much longer; otherwise I’d ask for a Macbook Pro for my birthday!
3) I love the holidays, but I’m glad they’re over because this means my job search should pick up the pace. I applied for some promising full-time jobs before the holidays, so hopefully I’ll hear from one of those employers soon about an interview. In the meantime, I have a few other full-time jobs to apply for. As for part-time work, I recently interviewed for a position in a fine-dining restaurant, so I’m hoping to hear some good news from them in the next few days. I have some other ideas for part-time work, too, like substitute teaching and baby-sitting (yeah, I’m pretty desperate). I’m hoping that with all of my new prospects, I’ll have at least one job lined up by the end of the month.
4) I’m taking a day-trip to the Bay Area on Saturday to visit friends and family members whom I haven’t seen in months. I’m super excited to spend some quality time with these people and get out of the apartment while Chris is at work!
5) Here are some good links for you to check out:
- The 17 Worst Moments of Any Job Hunt by Buzz Feed. Enough Said.
- This One Pot Pasta looks super easy and delicious.
- So do these Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls!
- Here are 10 things every 20-something should do in 2014.
- 7 New Year’s Resolutions for a Stronger Career in 2014. Keeping these in mind this year for sure.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?