1) On Wednesday, I interviewed for another restaurant job at a semi-fancy Italian restaurant. I thought I was interviewing for a lunch server position, but it turns out the manager who interviewed me is looking for a lunch bartender. I don’t have any bartending experience, so it isn’t going to be a good fit, but he mentioned he’s also looking to fill a lunch hostess position. During the interview, I told him I’d be interested in hostessing and to keep me in mind, but now that I’ve thought about it more, I’m not so sure. This job would be a good side hustle because hostessing is easy, the hours wouldn’t interfere with my current job, and it would give me an extra $800 a month or so in income. However, I’m way overqualified to be a hostess since I have over 10 years of restaurant experience. Plus, if I’m going to be working a second job, I feel like I should do something other than restaurant work since I already have so much experience in that area. Oh, not to mention I’d feel kind of weird doing a job that’s meant for girls who are in their late teens/early 20’s.
2) I took my four-year-old niece to see Frozen yesterday. I realized it was my first time taking a child out into the world all by myself. I’ve babysat kids a ton of times in the past, but it was always in the comfort of their homes. Even though I was excited to take my niece out for an afternoon of fun, I felt a little nervous! What if we got in a car accident? What if she had a meltdown in public? WHAT IF I LOST HER OR SHE GOT KIDNAPPED?! I’m happy to report that none of the above happened and we had a fun time bonding together over popcorn and Disney princesses. But the experience did make me realize how much responsibility comes with watching a child, which is why I’m going to keep waiting to have one of my own.
3) I got my first paycheck yesterday! Oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah! Can I just say how awesome it is to receive hard-earned money again? I haven’t experienced that since October; I’ve missed the feeling for sure.
4) Superbowl Sunday in two days! Who are you rooting for? I’m on Team Seahawks, not because I’m a football fan, but because my father-in-law is a huge Seahawks fan. My father-in-law has had a rough couple of months, so I’m hoping the Seahawks win the Superbowl because that would definitely cheer him up a lot.
5) Here’s some link love for ya:
- Ashlee gave some good advice on how to support the bloggers you love.
- If you’ve never been unemployed and would like an idea of what it’s like, check out this video done by the Huffington Post. NAIL ON THE HEAD.
- For all you Full House Fans, Danny, Jesse, and Joey made an appearance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. They’re also doing a Superbowl commercial together!
- Brianna got crafty and made some super cute bridesmaid invites for her friends. If I was engaged again and planning a big wedding, I would totally steal her idea.
- Alison has been my job search sensei for months now. This article she wrote really opened up my eyes to exactly how competitive the job market is right now and why I should probably refrain from trying to make a career change.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend? What are you doing for Superbowl Sunday?