1) Happy Valentine’s Day! The Day of Love is finally here. Chris and I already celebrated on Tuesday night because I’ll be working all day today. On Tuesday night, we got dressed up and had a romantic dinner at Grange Restaurant and Bar, then went to Cheesecake Factory for dessert because we are cheesecake-lovers. As for today, I start work at 11:30am and won’t get off until 10pm or so. It’s going to be a long day, but at least I’ll be makin’ that money!
2) I babysat my one-year-old niece on Monday from 9am to 5pm. I couldn’t remember the last time I babysat an actual baby. Or if ever? I was a little nervous about trying to figure out the bottle-feeding, diaper-changing, and nap-timing. However, we managed to get through the day just fine despite a couple of challenging diaper changes. One thing I noticed about babysitting my niece was that I was SO TIRED afterward. When I got home around 6pm, I just really wanted to take a nap. Taking care of a little person is tiring!
3) This whole working-two-jobs-lifestyle is in full effect. I’m working a few 10-12 hours days and racking in about 40-50 hours a week. It’s tiring, but I know it’s going to worth it once my amount of debt starts going down, and the amount in my emergency fund goes up. I can’t wait to calculate my progress at the end of the month; I can tell that I’ve already made better progress than I did in January!
4) Now that I’m working and making money again, I’m ready to focus on another area of my life: losing weight. I recently tried on some things in a Victoria’s Secret dressing room which turned out to be some serious damage for my self-esteem. I think my biggest problem right now is I haven’t been exercising since I’m so busy working now. I really want to start taking cardio yoga classes in March and sign up for another 5K. Bathing suit season will be here before we know it!
5) I just paid to renew my blog domain for another year; now I want to start looking into changing my blog layout. I probably won’t shell out the big bucks quite yet to get a custom blog layout designed, but I’m thinking about upgrading to a premium WordPress theme; it looks like they are all under $100, versus getting a custom layout which would cost me $300 or more! I’m also looking into getting some professional photos taken in March to use on my blog, as well as my other social media profiles. Ch-ch-ch-ch-CHANGES!
How was your week? Do you have any special plans for Valentine’s Day?