1) I finally made it to my yoga studio earlier this week! And you know what? It was the best workout I’ve had in a long time. I sweat so much during the class to the point where it felt like I was cleansed afterward. I was also super sore the next day! I have another free pass that I’m going to use today. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll be able to sign up for unlimited classes this month like I was hoping because…
2) I owe on my taxes! Chris and I finally got around to doing our taxes last Sunday and it turns out we both owe. Neither of us have ever owed on our taxes before, so we attributed it to the fact that we’re married now with no kids and no house. I did some research on what other married couples claim on their taxes and apparently instead of claiming MARRIED 1, some married couples claim SINGLE 0. Um, I didn’t know you could still claim single on your taxes if you’re married? Anyway, it’s not that big of a deal; now that I’ve turned into a saver, I know I’ll have the money to pay my share. It’s just kind of a bummer to find out you owe money when you were expecting to get it back, ya know?
3) Speaking of money, I made some extra money earlier this week by selling some stuff on Craigslist. I sold our old microwave and a convection oven that we’ve had sitting around forever and made $80 (which will definitely be going toward our taxes). I still plan on selling our old coffee table, as well as some old clothes from my closet. Spring is coming! There’s no better time to clean out my apartment and make money off the stuff I don’t want anymore.
4) This was my first week of not working two jobs and it’s been lovely. I feel like I was able to get a lot done: working out everyday, clean my apartment, work on a guest post for my friend’s blog, and do some studying for my job. I’m still looking for a side hustle, but I’m taking my time since I just ended another side hustle last week and need this time to rejuvenate. I’m also being picky with what I apply for. If I’m going to be working a second job, I need to like it. Otherwise, I’ll be tired AND unhappy.
5) I’m STOKED for this weekend. Not only do I have Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off after working 11 days straight, I’ll be attending my close friend’s birthday/bachelorette party this weekend in Healdsburg! I’m so excited to celebrate with her. Plus, it’s been FOREVER since I’ve had a girls’ weekend away. Bring on the wine tasting!
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?