1) I’ve had a bad case of blogger’s block lately; I either don’t have any blog post ideas or I’ll get an idea but won’t be able to get anything down on “paper.” Essentially, that’s the reason it’s been so quite around here these past couple weeks. I’ve been contributing elsewhere, though. I contributed to Esther’s post on How to Deal with a Layoff Gracefully: Advice for Couples. (I think you all know I’ve been on both sides of that sticky situation!) And today I have a guest post going live over at my friend Abby’s blog: Staying Fashionable on a Budget. This post was fun for me to write since I’m trying to pay off debt/save money right now, but I’m also in the market for a few new clothes for spring. Check it out!
2) I had an interview on Tuesday for a part-time job at a non-profit. It went well, but I’ve learned that having a good interview doesn’t mean anything. I’ve had lots of interviews over the last few months that went well but I still didn’t get the job. So from now on, I’m just going to assume I didn’t get the job and move on with my life, because the last thing I want to do is get my hopes up again.
3) Wednesday was the four year anniversary of my mom’s death. My family and I got together for lunch at her favorite restaurant to remember her, but unfortunately, we had an encounter with a couple of rude, inconsiderate, obnoxious men that left me and my family members extremely upset and irritated. I’m not going to go into it, but I will say that people really need to just mind their own business.
4) Chris and I are finally making plans for our belated honeymoon! Now that we both have good-paying jobs for the first time since we got married a year and a half ago, planning a big vacation is feasible. We’ve decided we want to go on an east coast adventure to New York, D.C., and Boston for about two weeks in August. I’m so excited! I’ve never been to DC or Boston, and I’d love to experience New York as an adult, rather than a poor college student like I did back in ’09. Can’t wait!
5) Tomorrow morning, Chris and I are running the Shamrock’n 5K here in Sac to kick off St. Patrick’s Day weekend. Afterward, we’re going to have brunch at a local Irish pub, and maybe even see a parade in Old Sac? Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day is so much more fun when you’re married to an Irishman!
How was your week? What are your plans for St. Patrick’s Day weekend?