1) This month I’ve been focusing on maintaining a healthy lifestyle again, and I’m happy to announce I’ve lost 5 pounds. I was hoping to lose 7-8 pounds this month because then that would mean all the weight I gained during my unemployment would be gone, but oh well there’s always next month to lose more weight. What has been helping me lose weight is daily morning exercise and counting calories/watching what I eat again. I think what has helped me the most is having a job where I’m not sedentary for 8 hours like the office job I had last summer. As a server, you’re on your feet and moving around for anywhere from 4 to 6 hours. That definitely counts as a workout!
2) Speaking of fitness, I started another Instagram account focused primarily on my fitness journey. My username for that account is ginagetsfit and you can follow me here if you’d like.
3) I went to the dentist for a cleaning this week and they reminded me AGAIN that I need to get my wisdom teeth pulled ASAP. Yes, I’m 28 years old and have yet to get my wisdom teeth taken out. I fully admit to avoiding it for the last 10 years, but now that I have dental insurance, I’m out of excuses. Please tell me it’s not that bad, because I’M SO SCARED TO GO THROUGH WITH IT. I’ve never broken a bone, had surgery done, or basically felt any kind of extreme pain in my entire life, which is why I’m being such a baby about this.
4) Today marks TWO YEARS since I left Korea and moved back to Sacramento. I can’t believe it’s been two years since the most exciting adventure of my life ended. Time flies when you’re trying to get your life together, I guess. While I don’t miss actually living in Korea, I would still love to go back someday and visit so I can see my Korean friends and eat some authentic Korean food!
5) Chris and I are off to Berkeley tonight for my girlfriend’s wedding weekend! I’m so excited to see her finally get hitched to the man of her dreams. I’m also excited to see a bunch of our friends this weekend, too, since this wedding is also serving as a reunion for all of us. It’s going to be a blast!
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?