1) I got a second job! I’ll be working part-time at a non-profit doing administrative work and I start next week. I’m excited about this opportunity because not only will I be making extra money to put toward my debt, but I’ll be gaining new experience and skills to add to my resume. Double win!
2) I had last night off from work, so I went on a happy hour date with one of my besties. We ended up drinking way more and staying out way later than I had anticipated (two drinks and home by 7pm vs. 3-5 drinks and home by 10:30pm), but we had a great time! Seriously, happy hour and close girlfriends are two of my favorite things in life.
3) Since I’m going to be working two jobs again soon, I’ve been trying to take advantage of my free time this week by getting a lot of reading in. So far I’ve read Mindy Kaling’s book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) and The Five Love Languages. Now I’m reading Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life by Dear Sugar. Have you read any of these books? If so, what did you think?
4) Chris did the sweetest thing for me on Sunday. As soon as we woke up that morning, he said, “I want to take you out to brunch!” So he took me to my favorite brunch spot, then he took me mini golfing because we had been talking about going for a while. I love when he takes me out on impromptu dates. That husband of mine is the greatest.
5) I’m looking forward to a chill weekend ahead. I don’t have much planned except lunch with my dad, work, and spending quality time with Chris. We’ve barely seen each other all week (damn opposite work schedules), so I’m really looking forward to our weekly date night.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?