1) I’m officially done with my first week at my new job! Everyone is really nice and I’m enjoying it so far. Training has been slow-paced, which is nice because there’s going to be a lot to learn. Looking forward to that first paycheck next week!
2) Chris surprised me with an Easter basket when I got off work the other night. A few days prior, I had surprised him with three boxes of Peeps and two boxes of Cadbury Eggs (his Easter faves), so he decided to return the favor by giving me a full on Easter basket containing some of my favorite sweets and a denim jacket from Express. Apparently, the basket was also a “congratulations” gift for my new job. I love that Chris did that for me because it’s fun to get surprise treats once in awhile. Plus it had been quite some time since I had received an Easter basket!
3) Another reason why I’m excited about my second job is because it’s going to keep me busy during the day. Ever since I quite my first side hustle and business slowed down at my main restaurant gig, I’ve only been working about 20 hours a week. I found that some days, I would get bored or restless because I’d get all the to-dos on my list done and have a few hours to kill before work. My second job is going to be nice because it’ll keep me busy during the weekdays, and total, I’ll be working about 40 hour weeks. Now I just need to figure out how to fit my workouts in…
4) I’ve been feeling a bit of tug-a-war when it comes to baby fever lately. There are SO MANY pregnancy announcements and birth announcements happening these days, not to mention constant inquiries of when Chris and I plan to have our first kid. I’ve even caught Chris making more comments lately on “our future kid…” and “when you get pregnant…” which I love to hear. It really makes me excited for that part of our lives and want to start trying to get pregnant now, but what changes my mind is remembering that we’re not financially ready to have a kid yet. The idea of starting a family has been and will continue to be a huge motivator in getting my debt paid off. We want to start a family, but we want to do it the right way: I don’t want to still be paying off my student loans and paying for diapers if you know what I mean.
5) I’m really looking forward to this weekend because one of my best friends is going to be in town. On Easter, Chris and I are going to go to his mom’s house for a family get-together before I have to work at 3pm. Can’t wait to give our nieces the Easter baskets I made for them!
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend and Easter?