1) I’ve been busy, busy, busy! Work has been crazy these last couple weeks. I typically work 25 hours a week at my non-profit job, and 4-5 nights a week at my restaurant job. Well, in the last couple weeks, I worked an additional catering gig for my former employer and I volunteered at a fancy gala hosted by the non-profit I work for. (I even got to dress up!) Oh, and let’s not forget about the 10 hour serving shift I worked on Mother’s Day. Essentially, my days have been LONG.
2) Despite the fact my mom isn’t alive anymore, and I had to work on Mother’s Day, I was still able to enjoy the day. A few days before MD, Chris and I took his mom out to dinner. The morning of Mother’s Day, my family and I got together and had brunch before I had to go to work. At brunch, my little sister surprised me with flowers and a card thanking me for being a positive mother-figure in her life. So sweet! Later in the day, Chris and his mom came into my work to visit me and have lunch. I loved being able to celebrate Mother’s Day with my MIL; she is the closest thing I’ve had to a mother-figure since my mom died, and that means a lot to me.
3) My 29th birthday is quickly approaching (May 26th) and I’m surpisingly looking forward to it. Well, perhaps I’m looking forward to having a good excuse to treat myself and go out to a nice dinner rather than actually turning 29. For instance, yesterday I took myself shopping for new work clothes. Even though I truly need new clothes to wear to my office job, I felt a little guilty about spending the money, so I told myself, “Self, it’s your birthday month. TREAT YO’ SELF!” Way to rationalize, right?
4) For our date night this week, Chris and I saw Godzilla. I thought that for the most part, it was pretty good. The monsters were awesome and Bryan Cranston’s performance was awesome, of course. My only disappointment was in Aaron Taylor-Johnson’s performance. It’s okay, though; he made up for it with his good looks. #celebritycrush
5) I’m looking forward to this weekend because it’ll be much more low-key than the last two. I plan on working at my restaurant job and possibly attending a housewarming party. Oh, and getting some sleep. LOTS of sleep.
How was your Mother’s Day?
Have you seen any good movies lately?
What are your plans for the weekend?