1) I got a Fitbit for my birthday from Chris, and I’ve been loving it! I had been wanting one for a while because I do a lot of walking at my restaurant job, so I thought it would be cool to see how many steps/miles I walk every night. Well, now that I have a Fitbit, I finally know. It turns out I walk about 10,000 steps total the days I work at my restaurant job, which is almost 5 miles. The days I don’t work there? I only end up getting in about 3,000 steps. I never realized how much exercise I get in by being a server!
2) For the last month, Chris and I have been attending a weekly trivia night at a local sushi restaurant with some of our other married couple friends. I never enjoyed trivia nights very much before, but this particular trivia night has been a lot of fun, probably because a lot of the topics are on stuff I actually know about (ex. boy bands, ’80s movies, Breaking Bad, Disney, ’90s TV shows)! Plus, it’s fun for us to hang out with other couples and have a good excuse to see our friends on a regular basis.
3) I finally asked my boss at my new job if I could have time off at the end of September to go to New York with Chris, and she said yes! I already got the time off from my restaurant job, so now this means Chris and I can go ahead and buy our plane tickets, then book our hostel. This is so exciting! We’re actually going to make this happen! For a while, I was worried we were never going to end up taking our honeymoon. Turns out, it was only a matter of time.
4) Along with training for a half marathon this summer, I plan on signing up for a co-ed sports league– and I convinced Chris to sign up with me! We’re going to sign up for a kickball team that’ll meet one evening a week. This will be a great opportunity for us to get in some weekly exercise while also spending time together. The league we’re joining has a strong social aspect, too, so hopefully we’ll meet some cool people.
5) Even though my birthday is over, I have more birthday celebrating to do this weekend. Tomorrow, my close girlfriend and I are going to brunch to celebrate our birthdays (hers is on June 1st). And on Sunday, Chris and I are going to my MIL’s to celebrate her birthday (June 2nd). So many birthdays this time of year!
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?