Summer is so close I can taste it! You know what summer tastes like? Watermelon, lemonade, hot dogs, ice cream, and refreshing cocktails. YUM!
Since I love summer so much, I like to make a Summer To Do List around this time every year. Here’s what I’m most excited to do this summer:
- Go to the drive-ins: Chris and I talked about doing this last summer but never got around to it; therefore, it’s on the top of my list this year! There’s a yummy Korean BBQ restaurant close to the Sacramento drive-in theater, so maybe we’ll head there for dinner before we see the movie.
- Visit Yosemite for the first time: This is on my Life List, so also high priority. I would love to go camping there this summer.
- Attend lots of baseball games: I’m one of those rare women who know how the game is played and actually LIKES watching the game, too. Plus, baseball is a summer sport, so attending a game this summer is a definite must.
- Go wine tasting in Napa: OK, I know I’ve been talking about doing this forever, but I’m really going to try to make it happen this summer. Last summer, I was too poor to go wine tasting in Napa. This summer, I actually have some money to spend on wine tasting and maybe even a bottle of wine to take home.
- Join a summer sports league with Chris: We already know which league/sport we’re going to join; now it’s just a matter of signing us up!
- Host pool days with friends: Since Chris and I are moving out of our apartment in November, this is going to be our last summer with unlimited access to a pool, so I want to take advantage of it while we still have this luxury. POOL DAYS EVERY WEEKEND!
- Go rafting down the river or boating on the lake: Last summer, I went boating with my cousin’s family, and it was so much fun! I’d love to do it again. I’d also like to try rafting this summer because it’s been years since I’ve gone.
- Make s’mores: I saw a s’more display at both Trader Joe’s AND Target, so now I’m craving them.
- Partake in fun outdoor activities: Midtown Farmers’ Market. Concert in the Park. Second Saturday Art Walk. BBQ’s. Evening walks. Mini golf. Dinner on our patio. Summer is all about being outside and enjoying the sun, amiright?
- Hang out at the beach: Because nothing says summer quite like hanging out at the beach!
What are your plans for summer?