1) Last weekend, Chris and I bought our plane tickets and booked our hotel for New York! The trip is official– YAY! We got a good deal on our plane tickets ($350 each) and we were able to find a cheap-for-NY hotel in Manhattan within walking distance to a lot of places we want to visit. We’ll be going for a week at the end of September, and we can’t wait. Chris has never been to NY before, and I’ve only been once (five years ago and I didn’t get to experience much), so we’re stoked for this adventure. I’m also excited to finally go on our honeymoon; it’s long overdue! We’ll also be celebrating our two-year wedding anniversary and Chris’ 31st birthday. It’s going to be amazing!
2) I had my follow-up appointment for my wisdom teeth yesterday, and I’m happy to report that my extractions are healing well and I have no infections. I’m so glad I didn’t dry socket after my surgery; I’ve heard it’s REALLY painful, and ain’t nobody got time for that! My dentist said that in another week, my extractions should be fully healed and I can return to my normal life AKA I can eat whatever I want again.
3) I’ve been thinking a lot about my job situtation since I turned 29, and especially since business has slowed at my restaurant job. Point is: I’m not making enough money right now, but I’m not sure what I should do in order to change that. Get a third job? Start looking for a full-time job again? Stay tuned for a full blog post on this subject next week…
4) Earlier this week, I started my fundraising for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to raise life-saving funds to help those fighting blood cancers. I would love your support in helping me reach my $2,500 goal by making a donation to LLS through my fundraising page. Every little bit helps!
5) I’m excited for this weekend. I’m not working much, so I’ll be partaking in some summer activities, like attending a baseball game and laying out by my apartment pool!
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?