1) I had a fun, relaxing 4th of July weekend with family and friends. I got my weekend started early on Thursday because my work’s office closed at 12pm, and I had the night off from my restaurant job, so Chris and I met up with our friends for our weekly trivia night at a local sushi restaurant. This particular night happened to be the last night of the tournament, and we won first place! For our prize, our team won a $100 gift card to the restaurant, so we feasted on sushi rolls and sake bombs. It was a great way to start out the long weekend! On 4th of July, Chris and I went to my family’s house for a BBQ, then we went to our friend’s house for a get-together. We made our rounds and were satisfied with the fact that we were able to hit two birds with one stone. The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing by the pool– not much to complain about there!
2) Chris and I finally set a date for our Yosemite camping trip; we’ll be going the second weekend of August AND we’ll be going with one of our favorite couples. I’m super excited to finally visit Yosemite and experience it with some of my favorite people. I love that I have so much to look forward to in the next few months: Chris and I joined a co-ed sports league that starts in a couple weeks, camping in Yosemite in August, New York in September, and my half-marathon in October. If Chris and I are able to afford it, we plan to move into a house in November and then get a dog in December/January. This year is shaping up to be pretty great.
3) Speaking of my half-marathon, training for it has been more challenging than I thought it would be. First of all, it’s super hot in Sacramento right now, so I need to be running in the morning when it’s cooler. However, I’ve been having a hard time waking up early before work in order to get a run in. Some nights I work late at my restaurant job, and I already have to wake up at 7:30am to be at my office job by 9am, so trying to wake up any earlier than that is tough for me. I need to figure it out though, because I have a little over three months left to train and build up my mileage. Currently, I’m only running about three 3-4 mile runs a week. Time to get serious!
4) I’ve decided to start improving my wine knowledge because I think having a stronger knowledge of wine will help me at my restautrant job. Plus, I love wine and want to know more about it, regardless if I’m working at a restaurant or not. Last night, I attended a class on French wines at Total Wine & More, and it was awesome! For $20, I got to taste 11 different wines and learn about them from a wine expert. Food was included, such as a variety of cheeses, salami, olive tapenade, and baguette bread. Attendees also got 20% off the wines that were presented during the class, so I went home with a rosé and a Bordeux blend. Overall, the class was extremely informative and well worth the money. I can’t wait to attend the next one.
5) I have a lot of fun stuff planned for the weekend: dinner with old friends tonight, a running workout with my training team tomorrow, and a belated Father’s Day get-together with my father-in-law. I also plan to camp out at a coffee shop and get some writing time in. I have some ideas for blog posts sitting in my head that I need to crank out.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?