1) Isn’t this blogs and coffee print amazing? I saw it in the background of a fellow blogger’s Instagram pic and thought, “I HAVE to have that for my office.” So I bought it, and I’m in love. Blogs and coffee are a few of my favorite things, so clearly, this print and I were meant to be.
2) I made some regulars at my restaurant job this week. This is kind of a big deal to me, because until this week, I didn’t have any regulars at the restaurant I currently work at. I had a few at the last restaurant I worked at, but it was easier to make regulars there because the customers came into eat frequently. The restaurant I work at now is an expensive, special occasion kind of place, so the customers typically only come in a few times a year, if that. Essentially, I rarely wait on the same customer twice, making it hard to establish a relationship with them. Anyways, on Tuesday night, an older married couple I served during happy hour asked me where in the restaurant I typically worked so they could sit in my section next time they came into eat. On Wednesday night, a younger married couple I served during dinner asked me when I typically work so they can request me to be their server next time they come into eat. I was so flattered on both occasions! It feels good knowing I gave someone good enough service to the point where they want to come back to the restaurant and have me serve them again.
3) I think I found my running groove this week. I FINALLY was able to wake up early before work and get a 3-mile run in on Monday and again on Wednesday. I love running in the morning because it’s so much cooler than it is the rest of the day. I also ran 4 miles yesterday afternoon, so that’s three runs down this week, and I have a few more planned for this weekend (including a 6-miler). Hopefully before I know it, I’ll be able to wake up early before work every day to run and 6 miles will be my new “short run.”
4) After three months of working two jobs, I feel like I’m starting to get used to this new schedule and, even manage my time better. When I first started my second job, I felt overwhelemed and tired a lot of the time. Now working this schedule feels normal. Also, I’m finding that I’m getting better about making time for my daily goals in between jobs, like working out, blogging, and reading. It feels really nice to finally achieve this work/life balance.
5) This weekend is jam packed for me. Tomorrow I have my half marathon training, followed by a family BBQ. On Sunday, Chris and I are meeting my family at the California State Fair, then having dinner with some friends to celebrate a birthday. Family, friends, food, and fun = my kind of weekend!
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?