1) On Sunday morning, I set a new PR for distance: I ran 8 miles! I still can’t believe it. A few months ago, three miles was the most I would run at a time; now I’m running 5+ miles on the weekends. I’m also getting better at running outside rather than on a treadmill. I used to only run my three miles on a treadmill and be winded by the end. Now I can run 3 miles on a treadmill with ease. It’s really exciting for me to see how well my body is adapting to all this running, which is making me more and more excited for my half marathon in October!
2) I had a couple I-feel-old moments this week. The first was when I found a gray hair on Monday morning. (What a way to start my week!) The other was after my kickball game on Wednesday night. I think I pulled something in my right leg after sprinting from home base to first. I felt broken after the game, which then made me feel like an old lady. Next time, I’ll remember to stretch beforehand!
3) Speaking of kickball, my team and I had our first win this past Wednesday night! We won the game 5-3. It felt really good to win this week after getting spanked by our opponents last week. I think what helped us this week was that my team and I met up at a pub beforehand and bonded over a couple pitchers of beer. That might have to be our pre-game ritual from now on.
4) Yesterday I did a very adult thing and refinanced my auto loan. Now that my credit is better, I qualified for a lower interest rate and lower monthly payments. So not only am I going to be paying less money in interest every month, but I’m going to be able to put more money toward my other debt. Another thing I did yesterday was apply for a credit card with 0% interest for the first 15 months, and I got approved! Once I get that card activated, I plan to transfer my Mastercard balance to the new card. This is also going to save me money on interest every month. YAY! These big financial changes are going to change up my debt repayment plan, so stay tuned for that in a future post.
5) I don’t have a lot of plans for this weekend and I’m super happy about that. The last two weekends have been busy for me, so I’m glad that the only thing I have planned for this weekend is working at my restaurant job and my half marathon training. In between, I plan to catch up on reading, blogging, and SYTYCD.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?
I’m training to run a half marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to raise life-saving funds to help those fighting blood cancers. Please help! You can donate to my event at: http://pages.teamintraining.org/sac/nikesf14/gmclaughlin