1) August was an insanely busy month for me. I thought September might be a little less crazy, but so far? Not so much. I feel like I’m planning a hundred different events right now: another garage sale fundraiser for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Chris’ birthday celebrations with family and friends (his birthday is on the 21st), and our trip to New York coming up at the end of the month. I’m also working two jobs and training for a half marathon. Even though I’ve been enjoying my kickball games over the summer, I’m kind of looking forward to the league ending next week because that means I’ll have one less commitment in my life and a little more free time these days.
2) Something else that has been stressing me out a lot lately is traffic. I feel like I dealt with traffic a lot in August, first when we went to Yosemite, then when we went to San Jose a couple weekends ago. Because of all this traffic lately, we decided to stay in town over Labor Day weekend. Not having to deal with traffic during a weekend that’s known for crazy amounts of traffic felt great, but then guess what? I got stuck in traffic for 45 minutes on Tuesday morning and again Thursday morning while on the way to work because Sac State started back up again. (My work is right by the campus.) Now I have to wake up extra early these next few weeks so I can make it to work on time. Call it first world problems, I call it annoying.
3) My first half marathon hasn’t even happened yet and I’m already planning on signing up for my second and third. It’s true what they say: half marathons are addicting! I’m thinking that I want to do a half marathon in New Orleans, Washington DC, or Chicago because I’ve never been to those cities, but I really want to visit them. I think it would be awesome to knock two birds with one stone by completing another half marathon in a new city on my Life List.
4) A blog post I loved this week was this one on running by Terra. I can relate so much to how she feels about running, yet she captured these feelings so much better than I ever could. Love, love, love this post.
5) I love short weeks because the weekends come so much faster. This weekend I mainly just plan on working my restaurant job. I also have another garage sale fundraiser planned on Saturday morning. Garage sales are a lot of work, so I’m looking forward to getting this one over with!
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?
I’m training to run a half marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to raise life-saving funds to help those fighting blood cancers. Please help! You can donate to my event at: http://pages.teamintraining.org/sac/nikesf14/gmclaughlin