1) I bought new running shoes! I didn’t want to spend the money because I’m trying to save for our New York trip, but this purchase was necessary; I was starting to feel pain in the balls of my feet when I would do my long runs, plus I had my old running shoes for about a year, so it was time. I’m glad I bit the bullet and made the purchase, because I would hate to keep running in my old shoes and feel pain the day of my half marathon.
2) I love summer and all, but I am so ready for fall. I’m ready for scarves and boots and PSL’s. Plus, fall means the holidays will be here before we know it, which means more money to be made at my restaurant job. Summer has been a shitty time for money-making and debt repayment. I’m so ready to get back on track with my personal finance goals.
3) The kickball league that Chris and I joined over the summer ended on Wednesday night. I’m kind of sad that it’s over because it was a lot of fun and something totally different, but then again, I’m glad it’s over because that’s one less commitment I have to think about during this busy season in my life. Now I can just focus on Chris’ birthday, our New York trip, and my half-marathon training. Phew!
4) One more week until Chris and I head to New York! The closer it gets, the more excited I get. I’ve had a little more time this week to do some planning for our trip AKA make a ton of lists in Excel of the places we plan to see and restaurants we plan to eat at complete with addresses, phone numbers, and estimated walking/subway time it takes to get there from our hotel. (Yes, I’m a little OCD when it comes to planning.) I think what I’m most excited about for this trip is all the delicious food we’re going to eat; our foodie friends gave us a ton of restaurant recommendations that I’m stoked to try.
5) Thank goodness for the weekend! My plans are running 9 miles for the first time ever with my training team (new PR distance!) and hosting an early birthday dinner for Chris on Saturday night. This particular dinner will be with our mutual friends, so it should be a blast. We plan to eat, drink, be merry, etc.!
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?