1) Gah! I’ve been meaning to post more about my trip to New York, but it’s been hard to find time to blog this week. I’ve basically been playing post-vacation catch up all week: chores, errands, working, making plans, etc. Vacations are awesome, but they can be hard to recover from!
2) My first half-marathon is coming up very soon. As of today, I have a little over two weeks left. Am I excited? Yes! After months of training and talking about it, I can’t wait to finally cross this off my Life List and call myself a half-marathoner. Am I ready? NO. I didn’t run while I was in New York, so I feel like I’ve lost a week of training. The farthest I’ve run so far is 9 miles, so I’m kinda freaking out. It’ll be OK, though. They say that running is 90% mental, and 10% physical. If I believe that I can run 13.1 miles, then I can run 13.1 miles.
3) Chris and I are officially in moving mode. Our lease for our apartment is up mid-November, so we’re trying to figure out if we want to stay in our apartment, move into another apartment, or move into a house. It’s a hard decision to make. We obviously would love a house with more space, a yard for a dog, a washer and dryer, etc. But there’s that whole money thing and the fact that we’re trying to save some to get our debt paid off.
4) I don’t know about you, but I’m loving that we’re now in October and it’s feeling more and more like fall. I’ve been seeing all the pumpkin things at Trader Joe’s lately, and I’ve officially brought out the fall decorations into our living room. Now Mother Nature just needs to get the hint and stop giving us 90 degree weather here in Sac so I can wear my boots and scarves.
5) After a long week of post-vacation catch-up, I’m really looking forward to the weekend. I plan to run 11 miles for the first time tomorrow morning; this will be my new longest run! Aside from running, Chris and I have some family dinners planned with his side of the family. What I’m looking forward to most this weekend is more time to catch up on life!
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?