1) Only a little over a week left until my first half marathon! I’m feeling very excited and READY. I ran my final long run last Saturday (11 miles) and it was tough, but I got through it. Now that I’ve run 11 miles, I now have the confidence to run 13.1 miles. I can’t wait!
2) Chris and I decided to renew our lease for our apartment for one more year, which means we don’t have to move. I’m a little bummed we won’t be moving into a house, but it’s the best decision for now in terms of paying off debt and saving money. There is a small chance we might move into a two bedroom/two bath in the same apartment complex down the road (we currently have a two bed/one bath right now and would love a little more space) if the rates go down, but for now, we don’t have to plan a move, which I’m totally fine with. One less thing to stress about!
3) Since we aren’t able to afford to move into a house right now, we decided to do something cheaper and buy some new furniture from IKEA for our apartment. We bought a new TV stand because our other one was old and it didn’t match the rest of our furniture. We bought a really nice standing full-length mirror for our bedroom because the only full-length mirror we had was a cheap one that we couldn’t mount on the wall. And I bought a drawer/file cabinet to put next to my desk to replace the pile of junk I kept on the floor next to my desk. Yay for an apartment make-over!
4) Even though I took a vacation to New York, I’ve still been feeling a lot of stress in my life. I still feel like I have a lot going on right now and like I don’t have a lot of free time. As excited as I am for my half marathon, I’m kinda excited to get it over with because I won’t have to focus on training and preparing anymore, which means I’ll have more time in my schedule. I’ve looked at my calendar for November, and so far, most of my weekends are open! I plan to use all that free time catching up on blogging, job-searching, and maybe even schedule myself a much-needed massage.
5) I have another jam-packed weekend ahead! Tomorrow I have to pick up my Nike race packet, then a much-needed hair appointment, and then Chris and I are going to Sactoberfest. On Sunday, we have brunch with friends planned, then a family dinner later in the evening. It’s all going to be fun, but busy!
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?