1) Chris and I ended up having a fun Halloween with our friends at the Halloween Ball in Downtown Sacramento. I do have to say, though, that going out to parties/clubs these days can seem like so much work: it’s loud, it’s crowded, it’s late, drinks are super expensive, etc. Even though it was a fun outing and I’m glad we did it, part of me wished we would have just stayed at home, watched movies, and ordered a pizza. But the thing is we have the rest of our lives to stay home, especially once we have kids! I guess these conflicting feelings are just the kind of feelings you get when you’re pushing 30.
2) The highlight of my week was making some extra money thanks to selling old stuff I don’t use anymore on Craigslist; I sold my point-and-shoot camera for $50 since I take all my pictures on my iPhone, and I sold my Kindle since I read all my books on my iPad. Between the two, I made $100! I’ve also sold some clothes to a consignment store (made $27) and got a $100 refund on some shuttle tickets I bought during the Nike Women’s Half Marathon weekend. Extra money in my pocket, oh yeah!
3) I’ve had some extra time this last week and I’ve been using it to cook more, which is making me really happy. I don’t cook very often these days because I work 3-5 nights a week at my restaurant job, so most of the time I’m not around to cook dinner for Chris and I just end up eating family meal at work; when I DO get a night off, I get lazy and say, “Let’s get takeout so I don’t have to do anything on my night off.” Well, in an attempt to save money and eat healthier, I’m forcing myself to cook on my nights off. Yes, it means less time for me to chill and relax on my night off, but I really love the feeling of having dinner on the table for my husband when he gets home from work. I know that sounds very 1950’s, but somehow, it makes me feel like a good wife when I do that. It’s also nice for Chris and I to have a home-cooked, sit-down dinner a few times a week where we just catch up and chat about our days.
4) I realized this week that around this time last year, I became unemployed for the first time since I was 16 years old. It’s kinda crazy to think about that part of my life– a time when I was bored, broke, and miserable about it all. All I have to say about that time now is I am so glad it was over in 2 1/2 months and I’ve been working ever since. I know my job situation now is still not ideal, but I will take it any day over being broke and unemployed.
5) I’m super stoked for this weekend-of-having-very-little-planned. Aside from working tonight and tomorrow night at my restaurant job, all I have planned is a portrait session on Sunday afternoon and maybe dinner with my father-in-law on Sunday night. That’s it! Bring on the chill and relaxation.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?