1) In an effort to stay in shape and keep my stress level low during the holidays, I signed up for a membership at my favorite yoga studio. It’s been two years since I’ve had a membership at this particular studio and I’ve really missed it there. These past few months, I’ve noticed that my mind and my body have been craving yoga more than usual, so I decided to go ahead and bring it back into my life. I’m excited about this change and I’m looking forward to building up strength in my body again.
2) I forgot to mention last Friday that I signed up for my second half-marathon; I’ll be running the Shamrock’n Half Marathon in Sacramento on St. Patrick’s Day in March. This particular half marathon is going to be a lot less exciting than the Nike Women’s Half Marthon, but that’s okay. I actually kind of like the idea of way less crowds and the event being local so I don’t have to take time off work, travel, or book a hotel. All that aside, yay for my second half marthon coming up in four months!
3) Chris and I got holiday photos taken over the weekend. I saw that a local Sacramento photographer, who is also an acquaintence of ours, was giving a discount on portrait mini-sessions for the holidays, so I decided to take advantage of the deal. I’ve also been wanting to get some headshots taken for my blog and my social media sites, so I thought this would be a great opportunity to finally do so. I can’t wait to get them back and post them here!
4) Since I got some professional photos taken for my blog, I’ve been working on fixing up other areas of my blog as well. I’ve been using WordPress for four years now, so I’ve decided it’s about time I start learning how to do more with it. I plan to move my site from WordPress.com to WordPress.org so I can change my blog layout from a WordPress theme to a custom layout. I also want to buy a digital SLR camera so I can start taking better pictures for my blog and just get better at my photo skills in general. Expect to see a lot of exciting changes around here in the next couple months!
5) I have a pretty busy weekend ahead. Tomorrow, Chris and I are going to spend the afternoon at Apple Hill, then we’re having his cousin and cousin-in-law over for dinner. On Sunday, my family and I have lunch plans to celebrate my uncle’s birthday. On Friday and Sunday night, I’m working at my restaurant job. I’m starting to wonder if I’ll ever get a weekend where I have absolutely nothing planned? Probably not.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?