1) These last couple weeks have been beyond stressful for me and I may or may not have had an emotional breakdown last night as a result. I’ve been working a ton between both my jobs while anxiously awaiting to hear if I got that full-time job I recently interviewed for. I’m volunteering to bake cookies for my work’s bake sale and helping out in the local running community. I’m trying to get my Christmas shopping done and sending birthday cards/presents in the mail. I’m making plans to spend quality time with friends and family. And I’m dealing with a personal health issue that is driving me crazy. Essentially, December is kicking my ass. Now that I’ve cried out my stress, I’m hoping that I can get through today’s 10-hour work day without wanting to pull my hair out.
2) On Sunday, I volunteered at the California International Marathon here in Sacramento as an aid station volunteer. I had never volunteered at a run before, not even a 5K, so being a runner myself, I thought it would be nice to support some of the runners in my own community. Plus, anyone who is running a marathon is going to need a lot of cheers to keep them going. Volunteering at the race ended up being a really cool experience because I got to witness so many runners accomplish their goal: run 26.2 miles! The experience was also exhausting because I had to wake up at 5:30am, help set up the aid station, cheer for the runners, hand out water/food, and help clean up/break down the aid station. Needless to say, I now have a new appreciation for race volunteers!
3) I can’t believe there are only two weeks left until Christmas. I feel like this time last year, I had my Christmas cards sent and my shopping done. This year? I’m still waiting for my Christmas cards to get here and my shopping is halfway done. Funny how much less time I have now that I work two jobs vs. when I was unemployed! I’m hoping to get my shopping and cards done this weekend, while also partaking in some fun Christmas traditions, like watching Christmas movies and baking sugar cookies. This time of the year may be stressful, but I’m still determined to enjoy it.
4) I’m about two-thirds done with Operation Blog Makeover. I got headshots taken for my blog and social media sites. I invested in a digital SLR camera so I can take nicer photos to post here. Now I just need to move my blog over to WordPress.org. I decided I’m going to hire someone to help me with this after Christmas. (I’d do it myself, but I want to keep and move my current domain and that can be kind of tricky based on my research.) Once I do that, I can change up the layout of my blog. I’m really looking forward to taking this next step in my blogging life!
5) My weekend officially starts tomorrow and I can’t wait. I have both Saturday and Sunday off from both jobs, and all I have planned are fun things: attending my college friend’s dance show at our alma mater, a quintuple brunch date, and a family get-together at my mother-in-law’s house.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?