1) I’ve been pretty quiet here this week, and for good reason: I’ve been giving my blog a long-awaited, much needed makeover! That’s right, I finally, finally, FINALLY have a self-hosted blog. After blogging for over 6 years, I finally made the move, and it feels amazing. First Xanga, then Blogger, then WordPress, and now I my very own fancy-schmancy site! I’d like to thank my husband for gifting me a Guided Transfer from WordPress.com to WordPress.org for Christmas. I told him I was afraid to move my domain on my own, so I was willing to pay the WordPress.com Happiness Engineers the $130 to move my site for me, so for one of my Christmas gifts, he paid to have it done. All I had to pay for was the hosting fees from Host Gator and for this custom layout. I love that man for being such a good listener and for supporting my love of blogging.
2) On Wednesday, I went on my first run of 2015. My second half marathon is coming up in two months, so I desperately need to get in running mode again. I took Otis to see if he’d enjoy running with me; it turns out he’s not very athletic, which doesn’t surprise me because most pugs aren’t very active dogs. He did really well the first mile, but during the second mile, he started to slow down a bit so I ended up walking with him. I guess I’m on my own from now on when it comes to running!
3) I felt very “internet famous” this week. First of all, I got a great Yelp review by someone I waited on last week at my restaurant job. Then one of my Instagram photos was featured in the Paragary’s Restaurant Group monthly newsletter in their “Insta-Love” section. As a thank you for letting them use my photo, their marketing coordinator gave me a $20 gift certificate to use at any of their restaurants. Getting that review and having my photo featured seriously made my week.
4) I’m pretty excited about my and Chris’ travel plans for this year. Next weekend, we’re going on a spontaneous weekend trip. We have no idea where we’re going yet, all we know is we’re leaving on Friday and coming back on Monday. We are just going to get in the car and go, no plans made whatsoever. I’ve never gone on a spontaneous trip like this before because I’m a planner down to my core, so it should be interesting and hopefully fun! Our big trip of the year is going to be a trip to Mexico in May for my 30th birthday. We are thinking either Puerto Vallerta or Cabo, most likely PV. Later in the year, we’ll probably plan a trip to a major city, like Seattle. Chris has never been, and I haven’t visited in about 5 years, so I think a trip is due. And of course, we’ll be going on lots of camping trips. Two-thousand-fifteen is shaping up to be a good year for travel, and I can’t wait.
5) Cheers to the freakin’ weekend! Going back to work on Monday after having a week and a half off was tough, so I’m glad I have the weekend to enjoy some more down time. I don’t have a lot planned, which I’m totally OK with. Just dinner at my in-laws on Saturday night and a potty training class at Petco with Otis. January is looking like a pretty chill month and I couldn’t be happier about that.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?