1) Wednesday was National Dress Up Your Pet Day. I only knew about this national holiday because my apartment complex puts on a lot of community events, and they just so happened to put one on for NDUYPD. It wasn’t much, just a photobooth and some doggie treats, but it was still fun to take Otis and get our first official family portrait. You can’t tell in the picture, but Otis is wearing a sweater I bought him from Petco. He was such a good sport about wearing that sweater AND the leis/feather boa; we definitely gave him a treat afterward for putting up with our shenanigans.
2) In an attempt to stop spending so much money at Starbucks every week, I’ve been thinking about getting a Keurig. You see, probably 3-4 times a week, I go to Starbucks before work and get a tall latte and some kind of pastry, like a donut or morning bun. I’ve decided I really need to break this habit because I’m 1) spending $5 a visit and 2) starting my day off with unneccessary calories. I think if I started using a Keurig to make coffee in the morning, I’d be less inclined to go to Starbucks on my way to work resulting in money saved and healthier breakfast choices. Besides, I’m almost 30, so it’s probably time I learn to like regular coffee.
3) Operation Blog Makeover is pretty much done. I spent a lot of time this week going through my archives and making sure all of my posts were categorized correctly. I also added an RSS feed, a Bloglovin’ widget, and a dislaimer section to the sidebar. I’m so happy with the changes I’ve made here the last few months; I think these changes will really encourage me to blog more and more consistently, too.
4) If you’re on Instagram and you’re not following the BrosBeingBasic account, then stop what you’re doing and follow them immediately. I recently discovered their account and I’m so glad I did because it’s HILARIOUS. They basically make fun of all the stereotypical pictures that people post on Instagram e.g. car selfies, food pics, inspirational quotes, OOTD, etc. Their hashtags are hysterical, too. Check it out!
5) Chris, Otis, and I are leaving for our spontaneous road trip today! I’m so excited to see where we end up. I secretly hope we end up in Napa since it’s close and I haven’t been there in forever. I also think somewhere like Carmel would be good because it’s a very dog-friendly town. I know for a fact that I don’t want to end up in San Francisco because I’ve been there a ton of times and that would be boring. I’m sure no matter where we end up, though, it’ll be a fun trip because I’ll be with my boys.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?