1) I bought a Keurig and I love it! It’s the new Keurig 2.0, so it’s pretty fancy. I wasn’t planning on getting the latest model, but a good friend of mine (Hi Brigette!) told me she would sell me her hardly-used Keurig 2.0 for only $50 when she found out I was thinking about getting one. I couldn’t resist her offer, so now here I am with my very own at-home coffee maker. I bought a Keurig with the intention of making coffee at home more instead of spending money at Starbucks 3-5 times a week, and it’s working. I’ve made coffee at home every day this week! It makes me happy thinking about how much money and time I’m saving now by not going to Starbucks before work every morning.
2) On Monday night, I attended the holiday party for my restaurant job. I know the holidays are over, but us restaurant workers have to wait to have our party in January because in December, we’re too busy working holiday parties for everyone else! The party was a lot of fun and it was great to hang out with my co-workers outside of work. I even won a bottle of wine. Can’t beat that!
3) I’ve been having a really hard time finding motivation to train for my second half marathon coming up in March because of the cold weather: I prefer to run outside (vs on a treadmill) and I prefer to run in the morning (vs in the afternoon or evening), but I hate to run outside in the morning during the winter months because IT’S COLD AND I HATE THE COLD. Because this weather has not been the most ideal running conditions for me, I’ve only been running once or twice a week, three miles at this most. Last Saturday, I did manage to run 6 miles only because I ran with a friend (yay accountability). This was the longest run I’ve done since Thanksgiving weekend, so I’m hoping that from now on, I’ll be able to maintain the motivation to do 6 milers, then eventually 7 milers, 8 milers, and so on.
4) I found out on Tuesday that I didn’t get the job I interviewed for last week. I could write an entire blog post on how I feel about not getting this particular job, but to sum it up, I’m extremely discouraged. The job is at the non-profit I currently work for and I perfectly qualify for it, yet I still didn’t get it. Since Tuesday, I’ve been having a lot of second thoughts on this career path and wondering if I’m just wasting my time. I definitely have a lot to think about right now in terms of my job situation.
5) I don’t have anything too exciting going on this weekend. I’m going to a funeral in San Francisco tomorrow and watching the Super Bowl on Sunday. Chris is excited that the Seahawks are playing because he comes from a family of Seahawk fans, so hopefully they win or I’m going to have a disappointed husband on my hands.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?