1) I can’t believe it’s already February. Two-thousand-fifteen is already flying by. January was not good to me due to my grandpa dying and yet another job rejection, so I’m welcoming February with open arms. This month, I’m getting a head start on my spring cleaning by participating in my friend Emily’s declutter challenge called 28 Days to Tidy. The way it works is you get rid of a number of items that corresponds with that date (get rid of one thing on the 1st, two things on the 2nd, etc). It’s only the 6th and I’ve already gotten rid of enough stuff to get me through the 10th! Chris and I have been meaning to get rid of/sell some stuff around our apartment for a while, so this challenge came at the perfect time. I’m looking forward to a tidy, clutter-free apartment by the end of the month.
2) Another challenge Chris and I are doing this month is a no-eating-out challenge. If you’ve followed my debt repayment updates this last year, you probably know that I always go over my $100 budget for eating out; in January I spent about $200 on eating out! Buying a Keurig a few weeks ago not only inspired me to stop spending money on Starbucks, but to stop spending money on eating out altogether in February. (The only exception to this challenge is Valentine’s Day and my friend’s 30th birthday celebration this month.) It’s been almost a week, and so far, I’ve been doing well with brewing my own coffee, cooking at home, and bringing snacks to work. If I’m able to successfully complete this challenge, I just might try a no-spending challenge in March.
3) In case you didn’t see my Instagram, Chris and I FINALLY received Otis’ registration certificate in the mail last weekend. It’s officially official: he’s ours! Once we got his certificate, we took him to the SPCA to get him microchipped and vaccinated. Now we’re in the process of scheduling him an appointment to get neutered. Once that gets done, we can sign him up for obedience classes. As for his leash and crate training, it’s going well; he’s gotten much better on a leash and he’s warming up to his kennel more and more. Adopting Otis has been a lot of work (and expensive!), but he is so worth it. He is so sweet and loveable, and he brings so much joy to our lives. I’m so happy we finally found that little guy.
4) On Sunday, I broke my 10K rut by running seven miles. I celebrated by making myself a new running playlist. Some of the songs I added were “Beg for It” by Iggy Azaela, “I Lived” by One Republic, “Uptown Funk” by Bruno Mars, “Lips are Movin'” by Meghan Trainor, and “Time of Our Lives” by Pitbull. Nothing gets me motivated to workout like new workout music!
5) This weekend, I have a much-needed hair appointment (I haven’t gotten my hair done since October) on Saturday and I’m participating in a 10K race on Sunday. In between, I’m hoping to catch up on some reading and my TV shows. Glee and GIRLS started back up again in Janury and I’m already behind on both.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?