1) Happy Valentine’s Day weekend! Since I’ll be working at my restaurant job all weekend, Chris and I celebrated Valentine’s Day early by going out to dinner on Wednesday night. We went to The Waterboy, a French/Italian restaurant that I’ve been wanting to try for a while. Chris knew I had this place on my Restaurant Bucket List, so he made the reservation and treated me. I love when he plans fancy date nights for us! Our dinner ended up being a good dining experience: the food was delicious, the service was on point, and the ambiance was romantic. It was the perfect spot for an early Valentine’s Day date.
2) The low point of my week was taking Otis to the vet on Wednesday afternoon. We made him a vet appointment to get a general check-up because we had some concerns about him, plus his previous owner hadn’t taken him to the vet since he got his puppy shots. It turns out Chris and I had good reason to be concerned about Otis; he has hip dysplasia and arthritis in his knee, which means we have to give him pain meds, joint meds, and keep his activity levels low. That’s not the worst part, though. The worst part is, after taking x-rays, the doctor found a foreign object in Otis’ stomach. She thinks it might be a rock, but whatever it is, he has to have surgery ASAP to get it taken out. Chris and I were in complete shock when we found out. How the hell did he get a rock in his stomach??? And how long has it been there??? Chris and I were not excited to hear about the cost of the surgery, either. It’s going to cost anywhere between $1,300-$1,500. Granted, that cost includes him also getting neutered while he’s under anesthesia, but it’s still a lot of money! We love our little guy, so we are going to bite the bullet and get this surgery done for him, but I am definitely not looking forward to making a huge dent in my Emergency Fund.
3) Something fun we did this week was celebrate our friend’s 30th birthday by attending The Crocker Art Museum’s Art Mix Prom Night. We had a blast with our friends drinking cocktails and dancing the night away to hit songs from the ’80s and ’90s. We even got to go on a tour of one of the exhibits and take some cheesy prom pics. It was definitely the best prom I had ever been to compared to the ones I went to in high school; back then, I couldn’t drink alcohol and I either didn’t have a date, or my date was super awkward!
4) Speaking of turning 30, I only have 3 1/2 months left until my 30th birthday. I’m excited about my celebration plans (a trip to Mexico and a big party with my friends), but I’m not excited about the fact that I still don’t feel 100% ready. I’m still looking for a full time job and working on my finances, and I still have 20 pounds to lose. I’m thinking that I really need to kick my butt into gear these next three months when it comes to accomplishing my pre-30 goals so I can truly feel good and ready when my birthday comes around in May.
5) I took today off from my office job since we have Monday off for President’s Day, so I kinda have a four-day weekend. I have to work tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday night at my restaurant job, but it’s OK. I’m just happy to have some extra time off during the day. I plan to go to yoga, bake cookies, and spend time with my Valentine.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?