1) Otis is recovering, slowly but surely! He’s still pretty chill compared to his usual, happy and energetic self, but for the most part, it seems like he’s been in better spirits the last 24 hours. He’s also able to sleep on his stomach again instead of us having to lay him down on his side. He’s definitely not a fan of his collar, though. I bet he hates it so much, he will never eat another rock again!
2) Okay, I know I’m way late to the party here, but I finally watched the Gone Girl movie. And it was so good! I still haven’t finished the book (#readingfail), but now I’m really inspired to do so. I just need to find the time, which is easier said than done these days.
3) Ever since we paid for Otis’ surgery, I’ve been feeling very thankful that I have an emergency fund. When we first found out how much his surgery would be, I was concerned about how I would pay my half and thought I would have to use my credit card that I’m so close to paying off. But then I remembered my emergency fund and why I have it: for situations like these. I now swear by emergency funds and vow to always have one because you never know what will come up.
4) I’ve been thinking a lot about the Mexico trip Chris and I are supposed to go on for my 30th birthday, and I’m thinking we will probably have to postpone it. I had to use a big chunk of my emergency fund to pay for Otis’ surgery, so now I want to focus on building it back up these next few months, especially if I want to have a certain amount saved by the time I turn 30 in three months. Another reason I want to postpone the trip is because I don’t know what my job situation will be like in May. I’m going to start applying for full-time jobs again soon, so if I find one before May, I probably won’t want to ask for time off right away. We’ll see. I’ll be bummed if we can’t go on a fun trip during my 30th birthday weekend, but I’m sure I’ll find some other fun, less expensive way to celebrate.
5) Last weekend was exhausting at my restaurant job because of Valentine’s Day (on Saturday I worked a 10 hour shift!), so I’m looking forward to a low key weekend coming up. I plan to go on an 8 mile run, catch up on decluttering my apartment, and going on a fancy double date to celebrate our friend’s 30th birthday.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?