1) I was required to do a 3-day fruit fast this week as part of the 40 day transformation program I’m participating in at my yoga studio, and surprisingly, I survived! The purpose of the fast was not to starve ourselves or lose weight, but to restore our bodies and allow them to cleanse. I was nervous about this fast because I didn’t think I’d be able to eat nothing but fruit for three whole days, but I’m proud to say I did it! I think what really helped is that we were allowed to eat nuts and nut butters during the fast (as a form of protein) and those things helped me to feel “full” for most of the three days. I think it also helped that I ate a burrito and brownies the night before I started the fast, so my body was ready for a good cleaning! And it definitely feels clean now. In fact, I want to continue to eat healthy now that my body feels clean. It’s kind of like cleaning your house: you wouldn’t let your dog run through your freshly cleaned house after he just got done rolling around in the dirt, would you? Successfully completing this fast has made me feel very empowered when it comes to my eating habits and what I chose to put into my body. I feel like if I can do this, I can do something even more challeging, like Whole30. Yup, I’m thinking about doing Whole30! If I do it, I will wait to do it until June. There’s no way I’d do it during my birthday month, BECAUSE CAKE.
2) I taught Otis another command this week. I taught him how to come out of a down position and sit, otherwise known as “up.” It took us a good hour, and he got a little frustrated at times, but now he’s got it down! I love being able to teach him things. I’ve already taught him how to “speak” and “play dead.” Now I need to teach him how to come into a stand after sitting, or “stand.” I’m so proud of my little guy for being such a quick learner and being willing to learn as well.
3) Thank goodness for April being over and May being here. For one, it’s officially birthday month! Second, I feel like April was kind of a downer month. Chris and I got raped in taxes, then we found out Otis is going to need another expensive surgery. I’m also super over allergy season and having to stay indoors all the time, so the fact that May is here means we’re getting closer to the end of spring and the start of summer. Bring it on!
4) Work at my office job has been insanely busy and stressful. It’s been so crazy, I had dreams about work every night last weekend. I’m hoping that the madness will die down in a couple weeks when one of our big events is over. Luckily, it’s super slow at my restaurant job right now. I don’t think I could handle it being busy and stressful at BOTH jobs. I would probably start having work nightmares.
5) My weekend is jam packed! Tomorrow I have to take Otis to a vet appointment, then I’m going to brunch with an old friend before attending a wine class in the afternoon. On Sunday, I’ll meet with my 40-day transformation group before hanging out with my sister. Then Chris and I have a double date planned with another couple to see the new Avengers movie. It should be a fun and busy few days!
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?