Woo hoo! I am halfway done with Whole30. I am so happy to have made it to this point, mainly because they say the first two weeks of Whole30 are the hardest. From now on, this journey should be smooth sailing!
Here are some of the highs and lows from my second week:
- I found sugar-free bacon at Whole Foods. Hallelujah! Chris was especially excited about my discovery. I bought one package but should have bought more because that bacon went fast between the two of us!
- I started feeling more energy during the second half of the week. Like, I would just wake up right at 7am when my alarm went off and didn’t feel the need to hit snooze at all. I’ve been feeling so much more energy lately that I started working out again. (I barely worked out in May because work was crazy busy and stressful.)
- My skin is clearing up and I even feel like I’m glowing a little bit! I went to a BBQ on Saturday night and didn’t even bother wearing makeup.
- I feel way less bloated these days, probably due to not eating dairy and legumes.
- Some new recipes I learned this week: lettuce wrapped tacos, homemade pico de gallo, breakfast potatoes/homefries, and fried eggs.
- I only made two trips to the grocery store this week (instead of 4) which means I’m getting the hang of all this meal planning and prep.
- Chris and I attended two social gatherings over the weekend and found it kind of challenging to be surrounded by lots of food we wanted to eat but couldn’t have. There was ice cream cake at one of the get-togethers and we were practically drooling over it!
- The Whole30 book will say that Day 10 and 11 are the hardest days of the program because the newness of the program is over, but you’ve yet to see any of the benefits. On day 10, I definitely felt a little over it. I couldn’t even eat my lunch because I was just feeling so sick and tired of chicken, broccoli, and sweet potatoes. Nothing else really sounded good that day, either.
- The book also says that on Days 12-15, you’ll start to have dreams about junk food. I thought this was kinda silly, but lo and behold, on the night of the 12th, I had a dream I ate french fries, soda, and a cheeseburger!
- I went to a movie with one of my girlfriends on Thursday night and I decided to bring a LaCroix and a Larabar with me so I wouldn’t be tempeted to get soda and popcorn. (I LOVE ME SOME POPCORN.) It was really nice to have my own little healthy snacks with me, but I still really wanted some popcorn.
Overall, another successful week in the books. I’m so happy the hardest part is over. Now all I have left to look forward to is seeing and feeling more Whole30 results. Bring ’em on!