Summer officially started a little over a week ago, and I couldn’t be more excited about it. I’m especially excited for summer this year since I now have nights and weekend off from work. No more declining invites to fun summer activities with friends and family because I’m stuck working on the weekends. Woo hoo!
Now that I have my nights and weekends free, and I’m almost done with Whole30, I’ve been thinking about all the fun summer activities I want to start doing as soon as 4th of July weekend begins:
- Go camping: OMG I want to go camping so bad. Not only did I discover last summer that camping is fun, but I’ve been dying for some kind of weekend getaway for months now. Camping is a good way to get out of town for a few days, and it’s also CHEAP. Therefore, I want to do all the camping this summer.
- Go hiking: I want to get into hiking this summer because it’s a great form of exercise, as well as an awesome way to get out and enjoy the great outdoors with friends. I’ve heard there are some good, local hiking spots around Sacramento, so once I invest in some trail shoes and a Camelbak, I’m there.
- Go to a Sac Republic FC soccer game: The Sac Republic FC is Sacramento’s latest and greatest soccer team that everyone here seems to love. Chris and I live super close to Bonney Field where they have their home games, so I think attending one of their games would be a fun, cheap summer activity to do soon.
- Get wet: pools days, rafting, Raging Waters – you name it, I want to hang out there so I can beat the heat!
- Join a trivia team again: Last summer, Chris and I joined our new friend’s trivia team that meet weekly at a local sushi restaurant. I remember it being a great way for us to get to know these new friends better, and it was something I looked forward to every week. I’m hoping to do something like this again this summer.
- Go wine tasting with my girlfriends: I say I want to do this every year, but I have yet to actually make it happen. I’m hoping that this summer I can actually get my ass in gear and plan something fun with my ladies, because spending a day drinking wine with my closest gals sounds like an amazing time.
- Attend the California State Fair: Attending the CA State Fair is a family tradition, and one that I plan to keep since it was my mom’s favorite thing to do in the summertime. The CA State Fair isn’t anything spectacular; it’s mainly the same carnival rides, exhibits, shows, and fried twinkies every year, but it’s still a good time.
- Take Otis to the drive-in: I recently saw a pic my friend posted on Facebook of her dog sitting on her lap in her car at the drive-ins. I thought it was such a good idea to bring her dog with her there, especially since there aren’t too many public places that allow dogs. Otis is definitely coming with us next time we go!
What’s on your 2015 summer bucket list?