1) I can’t say this enough: I love my new job! I’m learning a lot, my boss is super nice, and my coworkers have been very welcoming to me. I also love working downtown again; it’s so fun to be in the heart of the city! And of course, I’m loving having nights and weekends off. I am so grateful for my new job and how happy it’s making me.
2) After six months of not traveling, Chris and I finally got some local weekend getaways on the books! We have a camping trip planned for August with friends, and we have a Carmel trip with Otis planned for Labor Day weekend. I love to travel, so I’ve been very antsy these last six months since I wasn’t traveling and didn’t have anything planned for the rest of the year. Now that’s all changed and I am excited to finally have a couple inexpensive trips to look forward to in the next few months.
3) I’ve been feeling really sluggish this week as a result of not being on Whole30 anymore. I’ve been reintroducing dairy, grains, sugar, and legumes back into my system every couple days and the result has been bloating, headaches, and lack of energy. I’ve been feeling so sluggish, I haven’t even had the energy to workout this week. Luckily I haven’t really gained any weight since I finished Whole30, but I haven’t lost any either. I’m thinking about maybe doing another round of Whole30 before the summer is over to help me lose the last 10 pounds. Plus I miss that “Tiger Blood” feeling I had during the second half of the program.
4) Poor Otis has been dealing with hot spots for the last two weeks. Apparently hot spots are a common skin irritation that dogs get during the summer. Even worse, when Chris and I tried to treat his hot spots with a tea tree oil shampoo, Otis had an allergic reaction to the shampoo and broke out in hives! The poor little guy has been through a lot these last couple weeks, but luckily the vet was able to clean his wounds and give us a new shampoo to help his hives go away. Otis is really close to being 100% again and I can’t wait. I hate seeing my little guy in pain.
5) I’m so excited for our plans this weekend! Chris and I are doing a date night tonight in Dowtown Sac. Then tomorrow we’re going to the California State Fair. The weekend will start out busy, so maybe on Sunday I’ll hang out by the pool and catch up on some reading.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?