1) I’ve officially started training for my THIRD half marathon coming up in October! I’m excited to get back into running again; I haven’t been running much at all since I injured myself back in March, so this will be a good way for me to start getting some high-intensity workouts in again. I even got some new running shoes to train in, which I LOVE.
2) Another physical activity I’m getting into these days is hiking. I went hiking with my bestie a couple weekends ago and it was awesome. Hiking is such a great way to enjoy the great outdoors and get exercise. Plus it’s free! I can’t wait to do more hikes in the future.
3) I’m about three weeks into my new job, and while I absolutely love it, I’m definitely feeling the negative effects of a 9-5 office job. Some days my head hurts from staring at a computer all day. Some days my butt hurts from sitting for so long. The sitting-for-too-long thing especially worries me because I heard that your body starts to store fat after only 1 hour of sitting! My plan to combat these negative effects is to a) workout in the morning to kickstart my metabolism b) get up from my desk every couple hours to stretch my legs and tear my eyes away from the screen and c) start wearing my Fitbit again to make sure I’m getting enough steps everyday.
4) I feel like I’ve had way more free time lately now that I only have one full time job instead of two part time jobs, which has been awesome for me. I think it really helps me balance my free time by having set work hours instead of a work schedule that’s all over the place. By having more free time, I’ve been able to catch up on reading/blogging and make time to workout in the mornings. Having more time for myself has made me way happier these days; it’s amazing how a little me-time can improve one’s mood.
5) I have another jam-packed weekend ahead. Tonight Chris and I are going to see Antman and Trainwreck, then tomorrow night we are taking Otis to a pug meetup! We might also go for a hike this weekend or head to our local water park depending on how hot it gets here in Sac.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?