1) Now that I’ve been at my new job for about a month, I want to start working on my professional development again. I’ve been looking into joining some kind of volunteer or young professionals group so I can network and gain new skills to put on my resume. I’m also looking into some online and in-person trainings to take to add to my resume as well. I have way more free time these days, so I might as use it to work on my career and better myself.
2) I’m really happy with how my half marathon training is going this time around. I’m two months out from my next half and I’m already up to 7 miles for my long runs, so I’m feeling pretty ahead of schedule. Also, the other day I ran three miles without stopping to walk which I’ve never been able to do before. I usually run a mile, take a walk break, repeat. I’m wondering if my healthier eating habits has anything to do with my running improvement?
3) I bought a digital SLR camera back in November but I have been such a slacker when it comes to learning how to use it and using it in general. So along with spending my newfound free time on professional development, I plan to start finally learning how to use my camera AND Photoshop! I love love love to take pictures so I’m excited to take something I love and turn it into a legit hobby.
4) My hair has gotten ridiculously long and it’s driving me CRAZY. Having long hair was fun for a while but now my hair is just annoying me, probably because of the summer heat. I never want to blow dry my hair because it’s so hot in our apartment and the hair dryer just makes me sweat, so then I’ll throw my hair up in a bun and within a couple hours I’ll get a headache because my hair is so long and thick, it starts to feel heavy on top of my head. I also hate how my hair turns into a tangled mess after I workout. I definitely think a major haircut is in order and soon.
5) This weekend we have a family birthday dinner to attend on Sunday. Other than that, I plan to check off a few things from my summer todo list, like take Otis to the drive-in and cool off at a water park!
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?