1) I celebrated my 5 year blogiversary earlier this week with my first ever giveaway! Have you had a chance to enter yet? I’m giving away a $25 gift card to Lululemon and the giveaway ends Sunday 8/16 at 10pm PST. Thanks to those who have entered already!
2) I found out recently that I get to go to Las Vegas at the end of September for a work trip and I’m super excited about it! I’ve barely traveled at all this year, so I can’t wait to spend a few days in a fun city– all expenses paid! I don’t even care that this trip is for work. I JUST WANT TO TRAVEL.
3) After much deliberation, I’ve decided to do a Whole15 (half of a Whole30) starting on Monday, August 17th. The reason I’m doing a Whole15 instead of a Whole30 is because I can’t commit to a full 30 days for the rest of the year. We just have too many special occasions coming up (birthdays, our wedding anniversary, a couple weekend trips, etc.) before the holidays start. Fifteen days works because we don’t have any special occasions or events at all between August 17th and August 31st. My goal for my Whole15 is to lose 5 pounds. I haven’t gained any weight since I finished my Whole30 at the end of June, but I haven’t lost any either, which means that eating paleo during the week and indulging during the weekends is clearly not working for me. (I’m basically losing weight during the week, then gaining it back over the weekend.) I still have 10 pounds to lose before I reach my weight loss goal, so hopefully this Whole15 will help get me back on track.
4) I’ve started looking for freelancing jobs so I can make some extra money on the side, and I gotta admit, it kinda sucks. I thought I was done job searching when I got the offer for my new job back in June, so it’s no fun to have to go at it again. I really have no choice though if I want to start aggressively paying off debt and saving money again. Wish me luck!
5) Chris, Otis, and I are going camping this weekend with some friends. Again, we haven’t gone out of town much at all this year so I’m really looking forward to spending a lot of time outdoors, making s’mores, and a much-needed weekend getaway.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?