1) Major congrats to the winner of my first blog giveaway: Linda from Curious Notions! Linda is getting a $25 giftcard to Lululemon. Thank you to everyone who entered. I definitely plan to host more giveaways here in the future!
2) I started my Whole15 on Monday and I am excited to say it’s going very well: I’ve already lost 4 pounds since Monday! I’m now only 7 pounds away from reaching my goal weight. At the rate I’m going, I might not need to go the full 15 days!
3) I finally scheduled Otis’ knee surgery for September 10th (after our Carmel trip). In case you missed the announcement, back in April, we found out the reason behind Otis’ knee problem: he has a grade 3 luxating patella which requires surgery to get it fixed. The reason we have put off scheduling this surgery is because we’ve been saving money for it (it’ll cost around $2,000) and we just don’t want to see him go through this process. He seemed so miserable after his stomach surgery back in February, so I’m sure he will feel even worse after this knee surgery in September. Plus, this knee surgery will take way longer for him to recover from (6-8 weeks vs. 2 weeks). We just need to suck it up and get it over with, though. It’s going to be an expensive surgery with a long recovery process, but at least this means our Otis won’t have any more uncomfort in his knee.
4) I came across this article called “Millenials Stuck Renting for Years Before Buying a Home” earlier this week and really resonated with it. It sucks feeling like I can’t afford to buy a home right now due to my current debt, but at least I’m not alone.
5) For the first time in about a month, I don’t have any plans for the weekend and I’m pretty stoked about it! Having a totally open weekend means I get to spend a lot of time catching up on my to-do list: run errands, finish the book I’m reading, clean/organize our office, and finish some projects.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?