1) Well, Otis finally had his knee surgery yesterday! I’m happy to report that it went well and there were no complications. He had to spend the night at the vet last night, so Chris and I plan to pick him up after work today. We are so excited to see our little guy and smother him with love and kisses! As much as I’ve been dreading having this surgery done, I’m glad it’s finally done and over with. Now for 6-8 weeks of recovery and playing nurse…
2) Chris and I have two months until our apartment lease is up, so we are officially in moving mode. We are looking on Zillow everyday for houses to rent, making a list of big purchases we will need for a house (refrigerator, washer and dryer, etc.), and saving money where we can. This move is going to be expensive AF, but we are so ready for a bigger space so we can hopefully start a family within the next year.
3) I read a lot of personal finance blogs to get ideas on how to make extra money on the side. One of the ideas I read about was selling unwanted gift cards for cash. I got a $25 H&M gift card for my birthday back in May that I didn’t plan on using, so I decided to send that card in for a little extra money. Well, it turns out the company I chose to send my gift card to is fraudulent and they basically kept my gift card and never sent me the money! I was so pissed when I looked at their reviews and found that many people have been taken advantage of like I have. If you ever want to sell an unwanted gift card for money, don’t use Gift Card Rescue. They’re a bunch of frauds!
4) My ankle has been feeling a little better since I rolled it for the second time last weekend. I can walk on it again and the puffiness has gone down a little. I’m going to start working out again this weekend. I haven’t worked out in almost a week now and it’s driving me crazy.
5) I have a low key weekend planned since Otis will be fresh out of surgery and I won’t want to leave his side. The only time I plan to sneak away this weekend is on Sunday for my friend’s anniversary celebration that I RSVP’d for a long time ago. Chris was supposed to come with me, but he’ll be staying at home with Otis while I’m gone for a couple hours.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?