I’ve mentioned a couple times on my blog lately that I’ve been getting more into makeup and beauty products these last few months. The reason for this is because I got my makeup professionally done back in October for my boudoir photo shoot and LOVED the result. Since then, I’ve been really wanting to up my makeup game! I’ve always been super boring with my makeup routine, always using the same products/shades over and over again (I’m a major creature of habit) and always putting in the least amount of effort possible. Another reason I’ve been getting into beauty products is because I’m now in my 30’s; now that I’m getting older, I’ve been thinking more about stuff like wrinkles and gray hairs, so I want to start taking some preventative measures to keep myself looking young and not let myself go!
I’ve been doing a lot of research (and by research, I mean watching beauty vlogs on Youtube) lately in search of new beauty products to try, and let me tell you, I’ve found some serious game changers these last few months. So I thought I’d share what I’ve found here in case you’re looking to up your beauty game, too!
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – Um, eyeshadow primer, where have you been all my life?! Back when I didn’t wear eyeshadow primer, my eyeshadow would always crease and/or smudge off by the end of the day and look like a hot mess. But now? My eyeshadow and eyeliner do not budge at all throughout the day and it makes my life 10x better. The girls at Ulta told me that Urban Decay is known for having one of the best eyeshadow primers out there. This is the only one I’ve ever tried but I have a feeling it will be the only one I ever use because it’s so awesome.
- Vaseline Lip Therapy – I don’t know about you, but my lips have been SUPER dry during the winter months, so dry that my regular Bumble Bee chapstick wasn’t cutting it. I decided I needed some Vaseline in my life and found these at Target. I love that it’s in mini size so I can throw it in my makeup bag and it’s in a rosy color so it adds a little bit of color to my lips. The best part is that it’s helped my dry lips tremendously!
- Batiste Dry Shampoo – I had been hearing a lot about dry shampoo but didn’t know what it was exactly or how to use it. After watching a few Youtube tutorials, I was sold. Dry shampoo is easy to use and such a time saver if you don’t have time to wash and blowdry your hair in the mornings.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz – Apparently, filling in one’s eyebrows is super popular right now and “all the girls are doing it.” I was hesitant to buy an eyebrow pencil at first because I was always afraid of looking like these girls. But then I learned that there’s a difference between filling in one’s eyebrows and drawing on one’s eyebrows, and I would be doing the former. I finally decided it was time to start filling in my eyebrows when I saw a couple pictures of me on Facebook and thought, “Wow, you can’t really see my eyebrows because they’re so thin!” I bought an eyebrow pencil from Anastasia Beverly Hills because they are known for having some of the best brow products out there. I’ve been filling in my eyebrows ever since and loving the result; the brow wiz really helps to shape my eyebrows and make them show up more without making them look unnatural.
- Estee Lauder DayWear – Along with dry lips, I’ve been struggling with dry skin because of the cold weather these last few months and the moisterizer I was using just wasn’t working for me. After buying my brow pencil from ABH, I wandered over to the Estee Lauder counter and inquired about their moisterizers for dry skin; the girl behind the counter recommended their DayWear moisterizer and I’m happy to say it has worked wonders for my skin in such a short amount of time! I also like that this moisterizer helps to deminish the first signs of aging. Because 30.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer – Another where-have-you-been-all-my-life product! Not only is concealer good for covering up dark under eye circles, it’s good for covering up blemishes during those dreaded breakouts. I chose to go with thise particular concealer because I’m kind of obesessed with Urban Decay’s Naked line right now.
What are some of your favorite beauty products?