Happy Friday! Can you believe January is almost over and February will begin on Monday? Crazy how this year is already flying. January was even a slow month for me but it still seemed to go by fast. Sheesh!
Since this weekend is the last weekend of “slow-down January,” it’ll kind of be like the calm before the storm. All I have planned is my niece’s birthday party and a vet appointment for Otis. We might go to IKEA and get a new bed. Chris and I always talked about when we get a new bed, we’ll get a king size. Well, I think that time has finally come. Our backs have been hurting lately and we suspect it’s because the matress for our current queen bed was purchased in 2007/2008. After about 8 years, it might be time to invest in a new matress and bed. Aside from that, not a lot going on. We do have a lot of social plans scheduled for next week (first week off of Whole30); it will probably be the busiest week we’ve had since Christmas, and to be honest, I’m kind of looking forward to it. I’ve started missing my friends and family, so I think that’s a sign I’m ready to come out of hibernation.
I have lots of links for you today since I didn’t post a roundup last Friday. Enjoy!
- I bookmarked this to hopefully refer to later this year: How to ask for a raise
- If I get pregnant, I hope I look as stunning and glamorous as these women.
- Don’t know the true meaning of “Netflix and Chill”? It’s ok. Neither do these people.
- Do you ever make beauty resolutions? Here’s a list of ideas. Mine is to get better about washing my face every night.
- I thought this was perfectly done: Disney princesses as Star Wars characters
- I’m all about date nights and saving money, so I loved this post on 4 ways to make frugal date night more exciting.
- 24 makeup milestones for anyone obsessed with beauty. I only recently achieved some of these milestones. #betterlatethannever
- My generation gets a bad rap and I hate it, so I really appreciated this article: 10 Really Smart Things Successful Millennials Do
- I also appeciated this post: Is Rent Really Throwing Away Money? I’m tired of people criticizing us for renting when there really are some benefits.
- Looking for a super cheap and easy Valentine’s Day gift for your loved one? Check out my DIY tutorial for a 52 Reasons Why I Love You Mini Book.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend? Got any good links to share?